Friday, February 1, 2013

Week 8 Self Sustaining Pantry,

Sorry I am a little late getting this out.

I have been working on taxes this past week ( instead of keeping up on my book work all year I decided to wait till the last minute lol ) so I haven’t got a lot done.

We did go get a load of fire wood we also got some logs that we had pulled out last fall and hadn’t had time to get them home. We are so busy in the fall that we usually get our wood in the winter.

Remember having a self sustaining pantry isn’t just food it is everything that you need to us daily.

We went and got 10 large bales of corn stocks to supplement our hay for the cows trying to make the hay last as long as we can.

My mother in law had a pumpkin that was starting to go bad so we cleaned out the seeds to use for planting.

Got laundry soap made.

Made some more cold pills.

I did do some research on making our own dog food if shtf since it is so hard to store dog food long term.

Didn’t get a whole lot done this last week hopefully this next week will be a little more productive. I still have a few lemons to finish and the potatoes and onions . Have to get a zipper in a pair of overalls for Andy and mend a pair of pants for Joleen. Need to make soap and I am almost done with the 72 hour kits.

Don’t forget that if you find a good sale try to stock up on as much as you can if you can get 6 months to a year of it you will save a lot in the long run. Plus some of it you may be able to use in your food storage.

What were you able to get done this week? Hope you all had a more productive week then I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.