Thursday, April 5, 2012

Make your own Sugar Scrub

Up until about a month ago I had no idea what sugar scrub was, I had seen it in stores and had seen recipes for it but had no idea. Well last month at the Ag expo someone was selling some so I asked her what it was. She said it was an exfoliate. You use it in the shower or bath right before you get out all you do is rub this all over and then rinse it off and when you get out just pat dry. So I decided I needed to try this so I came home and made some. The stuff is wonderful and so easy to make and a fraction of the cost of store bought. You can make it any scent that you want, I made orange because I have some orange powder that I made that I need to find uses for. I liked it as did my daughters,They liked the scrub but not the orange smell ( They thought it smelled like furniture polish).

Sugar Scrub
You can use salt or sugar. Sugar can be gentler on the skin. Just make sure to choose a sugar or salt that has small granules that won't tear at skin. A basic table salt or sugar works wonderfully. If you have super sensitive skin, you might opt for a dark brown sugar. I did make some with salt It seemed to burn my skin a little my youngest used it and said the same thing. I haven’t tried the brown sugar since it is getting pricey.

Chose oil, any oil will work, coconut oil, almond oil, safflower, vegetable oil, Olive oil. The choice is yours I used half-olive and half-vegetable just because the vegetable is cheaper.

Essential oils whatever Kind you prefer I have seen some recipes tat use vanilla extract or almond I do plan to try that.

All you do is mix one part oil to two parts sugar and add your EO .Put in a jar to store I used a pint jar. It will separate a little It should keep fine if you use it pretty quick or you can use a natural ingredient such as vitamin E oil or sea salt as a light preservative.

The shower floor may get slick from the oil – use caution

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.