Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Canning Frozen Orange Juice

 
I have been reading a lot about food going up with all the droughts ,viruses and all the things that are going on. One thing that is also going to go up is oranges. And I really like my orange juice. When I canned oranges last fall I didn’t do much juice, so I have been buying the frozen and canning it. My freezer space is pretty limited so I just can it. Very easy to do.



First get you OJ then let it thaw. I just use the cheap store brand.
 
 
Pour in to a large pan. Do not add any extra water, warm up and simmer for a couple minutes.
 
Pour into sterilized pint jars. And Water bath for 5 minutes ( Be sure to adjust for Altitude I have to do mine for 20 minutes).

 

It will darken a little with age but still taste good. I opened one the other day from 2 years ago and was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.