Monday, March 4, 2013

Some Help For Our Military People


"The Fighting American. There's no better Soldier.
Bernard Iammatteo, Korean War Veteran, 2002
 
My sister sent this to me she had posted it on face book it is concerning my nephew. It is horrible that our government will not feed breakfast ( The most important meal according to that same government) to our troops on the front line, that are risking there lives for all of us. My sister is asking for help for my nephews unit and any extra that is received will be passed on to others in that battalion. All help will be greatly appreciated

Ok friends and family, I normally wouldn't ask this but I need y'alls help in this mission of mine. That is to assist my son and his unit that has been deployed to Afghanistan here recently. After talking with him last night, he mentioned to me that the only meals that they are getting is lunch and dinner. No in between meals or breakfast is being supplied anymore. When they are on a mission and don't return at the allotted time for meals time they don't get a meal. So any help would be so, so appreciated to send out food care packages to Chris and his unit. If any extra packages are sent they will be forwarded to others in his Battalion. All Non perishable foods will awesome (pop tarts, trail mixes, dried fruits, are some examples). His address is as follows: Lobato, Christopher, TF Pacemaker, HHC 864th EN BN, Fob Sharana, APO AE 09311. You can go the PO and pickup Military APO large mailing boxes. Your help would be so greatly appreciated in more ways than one. God Bless and Thank you!

 
Even if you do not send to Chris’s unit, if you know someone overseas in the military send to them, these guys need to know that we support them.

Our government never ceases to amaze me any more, I can not believe how stupid and incompetent they are getting with each passing day.







9 comments:

  1. I'm asking before I do this....I would like to post this on my facebook page. I would be happy to send a box but I would also like to spread the word. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joani,
      Thanks aqnd feel free to share this. The more the word gets out the better.
      Thank you from me and my sister.

      Delete
  2. When I was in the military years ago, the motto was, "An army marches on its stomach". We were always fed very well, even when we were out in the field. It might have been rations, but there was still plenty of food... things have changed so much since my experience with the military. They keep deploying the same poor soldiers, over and over, again, the vet benefits are shoddy, the health and safety practices, (like feeding the troops) seems to have gone to pot... and they still continue to reduce forces and spread those poor souls that are already under commitment thinner and thinner... Thanks for the reminder that our men and women in service to our country need our us to remember them and take care of them!
    Elle
    www.aviewfromthecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle,
      It is horrible how they are treating our military personal and it just seems to get worst. They want them to go serve but once they get them they treat them so bad.
      Connie

      Delete
  3. I am in complete shock (but not surprised) that this is going on in our military. So upsetting to think that these are the men and women protecting our rights and freedom. I am thinking this is going to be something that my 3 boys will be involved in. They think very highly of all uniformed soldiers and this would be something that they can give back, honor and support their "Heroes". Thank you so much for passing this along. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,
      I know hoe you feel one of my daugters is thinking military and they have several friends who are getting ready to go in it makes me so sad and scared for these kids with the way the government is doing things now. Guess all we can do is pray.
      Take Care Connie

      Delete
  4. I'm sending a box out today. Thank you for this opportunity to say thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea this was going on. Guess soldiers don't complain much. Can't help but wonder when this neglect began, like maybe four years ago. Had heard stories of military ballots not making it back to the states in time to be counted. Standing in line for four hours this past November, there was plenty of time to visit. A girl in front of us said her husband's unit wasn't given any ballots. I've read that around 3/4ths of military folks vote conservative. Am I being too skeptical?
    brenda from ar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean.
    Thank you so much. It will be greatly appreciated.
    Connie


    Brenda,
    I had heard this some months ago but thought no way. Couldn't believe it when my sister told me. It is a shame the way they are doing them but like you said a lot are consevative so you have to wonder.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.