Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cold and Flu Tinctures

I made  a tincture out of my cold and flu recipe since I have a hard time getting Katie to take pills this works so much easier all she has to do is put it in her juice and drink it. Tincture are so easy to make, you can go Here to learn more.

Cold and Flu Tincture
I used fresh Garlic and fresh Ginger root. The thyme Mint and Cayenne were all dried. I used Vodka for the alcohol.



 
I started with 2/3 cup Cayenne peppers these are some I grew but you can use store bought powder if you do use 1/2 cup powder.

 
then I added 1/2 cup Thyme

 
1/2 Cup Mint

1 cup of fresh Garlic and 1 cup of Fresh Ginger
 
 
Put all this in the Blender ( If you don't have a food processor or blender just chop every thing real small).

 
Add just enough Vodka to cover all the material. Blend till well blended. This helps break up all the material so it will absorb into the alcohol better.
 

 
 
Pour into a quart jar and fill with vodka.

 
Cover label and put in a cool dark place for at least 4 to 6 weeks. Then strain and put the liquid in  a dark glass bottle .If stored in a cool dark place it will last several years. 
 



 
Standered Dosage is 1 to 2 drops per 5 pounds of body weight.You can measure that out into a measureing spoon, to make it easier then the next time you need to use it  you can use the measuring spoon and not need to mess with trying to get the correct number of drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.