Monday, July 1, 2013

Make your own Insect Repellent


I don't like to use the store bought insect repellents because of all the chemicals, and the nasty smell. So I make my own we have been using this for a couple years and  it seems to work real well plus it doesn't smell as bad as store bought.

It is real easy to make you just need a couple empty spray bottles,witch hazel,citronella E.O.,Lemongrass E.O., Lavender E.O.,and Peppermint E.O.

 
Pour 1/2 a cup or with hazel in a small container, I just mix mine in the measuring cup.

 
Add 8 Drops of citronella E.O.
5 Drops of Lemongrass E.O.
6 drops of Lavender E.O.
3 drops of Peppermint E.O.
 
I use a dropper to measure out mine this way I  accurate drops.

 
Mix well
 

 
Pour in to your bottles

 
Shake before using.

 
This sure beats using the horrible store bought that is so bad for you.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I pinned this ,then let my friend know where to find it. I HATE the smell of the store bought kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to make my own kind of home remedies. I got this one saved and will be making it (probably today). The bugs are out in full force now!!
    That stuff from the store stinks and all the chemicals aren't good either!
    Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being able to make my own kind of home remedies.In case you are getting annoyed by the attack of mosquitoes and other insects, then you can try our effective Mosquito Insect Repellent
    and see the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.