Monday, April 22, 2013

A Very Busy Weekend



This past weekend was pretty busy. I spent most of the day Friday in the tractor dragging the hay fields.

Then Saturday the girls both had eye Doctor appointments Joleens eyes haven’t changed but poor Katie hers have gotten worst, we had to up her prescription quite a bit.



After that we came home and Joleen got ready for prom. Her date brought her a real pretty wrist corsage (Her first so she was pretty excited ) Then they went out to eat. We met them at the school for the grand march . The theme was peter pan and never land. The gym was decorated so pretty, I tried to get some pictures but it was pretty dark so they didn’t turn out very good. She got home a little before midnight ( her curfew was midnight ) Then we sat and talked to almost one.

Sunday we had to got to the point and build fence. There is a pretty good pasture that we could put some cows on it just needed a new fence. Got the long one done and ran out of time to start the other side.



This is what it looked like when we started there was some old fence there. Week before last we had to rip out the old fence , clear out all the brush and set two new corner post. This weekend we put up the fence. The wheat grew quite a bit in the last couple weeks.



This is what it looked like when we were done. One down and one more to go.

By Sunday night I was pretty tired. Can't wait to go do it again next weekend lol.

11 comments:

  1. You're daughter looked lovely. Such a pretty color of dress.

    How much land do you all have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter looked soo pretty. Hope she had a good time at the prom ☺

    Wow! That's alot of land!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel & Kelly,
      Thank you, She had a really good time.
      That was out at Andys moms place not sure how much is out there. They use to farm a lot of it, all dry land farm now we just run some cows on some parts of it.
      Connie

      Delete
  3. She looks lovely. It's always nice when they tell us about their night. I really enjoy those times with my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      Thanks I just love that she always tells me about every thing she does although there has been a couple times where I have been I really don't want to hear that lol
      Connie

      Delete
  4. Hello Connie, I think it is so sweet that your daughter went to the Prom. My hubby and I sae so many couples out on friday night. They looked so young :) We never went to the prom and we still regret it.
    I must say your one hard worker.
    We are really in dust bowl conditions, we have had only a light sprinkle of snow each time, and very high winds.
    The old timers say were in for it!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxy,
      I love that she went to prom I never went
      either so it was so good to see her go and have fun.
      Well I was hopeing you guys had got some of the snow all we have gotten are the high cold winds. Starting to get worried I do know that.
      Take Care Connie

      Delete
  5. Connie, your daughter looks very pretty. I love the color of the dress. Proms.. what good fun memories! Yes, I agree with Roxy you are definitely one hard worker. I hope you guys have been getting the much needed moisture. We out here on the prairies have had nothing but wind and lots of dirt. It's pretty depressing and scary all at the same time. When you talk to the old time farmers, they say this might be a devastating year... So sad!
    I hope you have a great week (and try not to work too hard)
    Blessings to you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,
      Thank you, she looked so good in that dress we even got it for almost half off. We have had no moisture like I told Roxy I was sure hopeing you had got some from these past storms all we have had is the cold blowing wind.It is very scary they are already talking about cutting irrigation water in some places as much as 2/3. I told Andy we had better not sale what little bit of hay e have left as we may need it next fall. My Brother and Sister in law have some Mountain pasture they went to check on it the other day they said it was bad up there a little grass but the elk are eating that all down and no snow left and dry. A lot of people are already talking about selling a bunch of cows because there isn't going to be enough pasture yes very scary and sad.
      Have a great week and take care
      Connie

      Delete
  6. It is joyful and kind of scary to watch your kids grow up... She looked lovely and I am glad that she had a nice time and told you all about it!
    I know where you live, having that that much land is probably not uncommon, but here in North Carolina, land is at a premium, I don't think there is a stretch of land that large available for farming, left in the whole state! I know from our experience farming 40 acres in Costa Rica how much work it is. You are a brave and hard working woman, I admire you!
    I hope you get some rain soon and that the hay grows well this spring. Take care! Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle,
      Thank you, It is kind of sad a lot of our larger farms are being bought up and turned into Sub divisions. I am afraid before long we will just be houses every where. I am hopeing for rain but it is not looking good. Crazy how it is flooding back east and we can't get a drop.Oh well hope for the best.
      Have a great week Connie

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.