Friday, December 16, 2011

Homemade cleaners

Here are some of the cleaners that I use. I buy my Baking soda ( Sodium Bicarbonate ) in bulk at the feed store ( IFA ) they sell it to feed to cows but I figure that sodium bicarbonate is sodium bicarbonate no matter where you buy it. Just a lot cheaper this way.

Hope all of you have a great week-end
 
 
    Multipurpose Cleaner





    1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
   1 cup household ammonia
   1/2 cup white vinegar
  1 gallon warm water
Mix ingredients and pour in a spray bottle, store the remining cleaner in tightly capped container. Works like 409
Dilute Bleach
1/4 cup liquid bleach
1 quart cold water
I pour in to a spray bottle and us like clorex clean-up


Magic Mirror Cleaner
    
     1/4 cup dawn        1 cup alcohol
    1 cup ammonia


Mix the ingredients and pour into spray bottle and spray on. Note: I washed my mirrors with a wet rag before I used this the first time to get the residue from the old cleaners off the mirror or it will streak.


Soft Scrub
   

    3/4 cup baking soda
    2 TBL dawn
   1 cup water
   2 Tbl bleach ( optional)


I mix this in an old dish soap bottle. You do need to shake before you use. You can add a little more baking soda if you want it a little thicker. I add the bleach but it is not necessary.

Be sure to label each bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.