Monday, December 5, 2011

Homemade toothpaste

I have started making my own toothpaste because it is a lot cheaper then the store bought kind and it is a lot better for you and it has no fluoride which is extremely harmful.
 
 
 
Here is how I make my homemade toothpaste:


½ Cup Baking Soda
2 TBL Glycerin
1 tea peppermint extract.


     Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, I store mine in small glass jars every one has there own jar of toothpaste. Just dip your toothbrush in and scoop out.
     I have also made a cinnamon variation. Instead of using peppermint oil, I added a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a few drops of cinnamon oil. This did turn out a little bit hot for the girls, and I'm not sure if I like the ground cinnamon in the paste -- cinnamon oil only might be a better choice This toothpaste recipe is very easy to experiment with as far as flavoring,

Here is another recipe that I found I haven’t tried it yet .
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons baking soda
1/2 small packet of stevia powder
20-25 drops of peppermint oil*
1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, using a fork.
*Add about half of the amount of peppermint oil to start, and test the toothpaste to see how much you want/like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.