Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds


How to roast pumpkin seeds

I have finally started getting my pumpkins canned, I save the seed and roast them.I cannot eat sunflower seeds so these are nice to have on hand.
 
    Slice the pumpkin in half scoop out the inner seeds. Place the seeds in a colander and soak in salt water about 3 or 4 hours then drain water remove strings and rinse I let mine sit in the colander overnight to get out as much water as I can . Pat dry with paper towels.


   Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray (I did not have olive oil so I just sprayed with vegetable oil) and spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer. Then respray the seeds.


   Sprinkle with salt and bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes, checking and moving them around after 10 minutes.
Cool and store in an airtight container.

Variations:Spray seeds with oil and then choose one of the following seasonings to use before baking at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.
sprinkle seeds with cinnamon sugar
Sprinkle seeds with garlic powder and salt
Sprinkle seeds with Cajun seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.