Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Roasting Garlic


I have some garlic left from last year so I figured I had better get something done with it before it goes bad so I roasted it.




First I take off all the extra shin but don’t take to much, you want it to hold together. Then slice the top just a little where you can see the cloves.



Put in a muffin tin then drizzle a little olive oil (just a little it does not take much) I have thought about using a spray bottle to spray it on but never think of it till I am done.



Cover with foil.
Bake at 400 degrees for about half an hour until fork tender.
Take out and let cool.

When cool remove the cloves they just fall out sometimes I will slice off a small slice of the bottom to make it easier to come out.
Then I put on a tray and put in to the freezer until frozen then put in a bag back in the freezer then when I need some garlic I take out what I need.



They are so good. I have even been
known to eat them just like this.

7 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do eat them just like that or on crackers. Whenever anyone is feeling punky we get out the roasted garlic and eat a whole bulb a piece. We smell like Olive Garden for a few days afterwards, but we don't get sick. Don't you just love garlic? My friends call me the garlic pusher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odiie,
      Garlic is so good and good for you,We know 95 year old man who still bales hay and once a year he takes a couple weeks off to go see his mom. He eats garlic every day keeps it in his trunk he goes and gets some off and on all day.
      Connie

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! I planted a bunch of garlic this fall. I can't wait to try it next year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, They are so good this way. I have been wanting to dry some to make into powder but havn't got to it yet.
      Connie

      Delete
  4. i.m going to try your Roasting Garlic soon. My husband has had sinus issues think
    i'll start feeding him garlic.

    If the man you know is 95 and his mom is still living how young is she?

    really like your blog. learning alot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not real sure how old she is, we were trying to figure that out. I would think at least 110. I need to ask my neighbor, I would also like to know.
      Have a great day
      Connie

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.