Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Baked Spaghetti for a crowd



 
My Mother in Law turned 85 Sunday so we surprised her with a party. I had to bring the main dish so we decided on baked spaghetti. I figured we would need two large pans.I also made some garlic bread to go with it. and we had a green salad.

Baked Spaghetti for a crowd.

2 pounds hamburger
1 cup chopped onions
4 1lb cottage cheese
8 cups shredded cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
½ cup oregano
1 teaspoon each of ground thyme, ground rosemary, ground marjoram.
1 Tbl. Salt
1 Tbl garlic salt
Large can of Tomato sauce (6 lb 10 oz)
2 16 oz packages of noodles ( spaghetti or fettuccine )

 

 


First I browned 2 pounds hamburger then added about a cup of chopped onions I used my frozen onions so it saved me chopping them.
 
 Mix this then add ½ cup dried oregano 1 teaspoon each of ground Thyme, ground Rosemary, ground Marjoram, 1 Tablespoon Salt and 1 tablespoon Garlic salt.



Add a # 10 can of Tomato sauce ( 6 lb 10 oz ) .




let simmer.


 
While simmering spray some oil in your pans.



Cook your noodles I used 3 packages that was two much so next time I will use 2. I cooked them in my roaster since there was so much I just put it on two burners.




While the noodles are cooking put 3 small containers of cottage cheese in the food processor.



Process until smooth.
 
 
 Then add about a cup of Grated cheese and a cup of parmesan cheese blend all together.

 

 Drain cooked noodles
 Put a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of the pans.
 
Add a layer of noodles.
 Then a layer of the cottage cheese mixture
 
Then add a layer of shredded cheese repeat this one more time.end with sauce on top then add a layer of gratted cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour. I forgot to get a pic of the finished dish.

You can use jar sauce if you want and I had to use fettuccine noodle instead of spaghetti because that was what I had .

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That looks delicious! How was the party?

    ~ D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It turned out great we had a good turn out considering she lives in the middle of nowhere. Afterwards Some of them played music which she loves doing. And she was very surprised.

      Delete
  2. So this looks amazing! How many did it serve? I'm wanting to make this for my sons b-day party. We will have about 40 guests. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many people does this feed?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.