Thursday, December 13, 2012

Self-Sustaining Pantry week 4






 
I didn’t get near done what I wanted to was under the weather for a couple days so that didn’t help.

We got 3 large loads of fire wood this week-end so I wasn’t able to do anything else over the week-end

I was able to work up 50 pounds of onions I canned 6 pints of caramelized onions and 7 quarts of plain onions the rest are still in the dehydrator so not sure how much I will have there.

I dried 6 tubs of sour cream.

And I hate to admit it but I bought 20 boxes of Hamburger Helper the store had them for a dollor we don’t eat them often but the girls like the Taco and Enchilada ones with the rice so if it has been a crazy day we will cook up some of that.

Didn’t get any soap made I really need to do this we are out and having to use store bought and the whole family hate it.

Nor did I get any potatoes or jerky made. So I think for this week I will try to do some of the things I didn’t get done last week in addition to a bunch of sewing I need to get finished for Christmas.

Have a great week and don’t forget all the sales to help stock up on food and other necessities.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a whole bunch of work. Always loved the jerky when my grandparents would make it especially after they butchered and the weather was warmer. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found your blog. You are so inspiring. I wish I could stay with you and glean all the knowledge you have. I have pretty much printed out your whole blog. Sorry you were under the weather. When you canned the regular onions what kind of texture do they have; what do you use those for. Are you going to show how you dried your sour cream in the future? May God continue to bless you and your family. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I will be doing a post on teh caned onions next week.
      And Merry Christmas to you and yours.
      Connie

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.