Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Am Making My Own Socks





 
This is my new skill for the month.
 
I am hard on socks I wear them around the house all the time so they are always getting holes in them.I have been darning our holey socks but there is only so much you can mend something till there is nothing left to mend, so I was wondering about crocheting my own socks I have seen a lot of knitted patterns but I do not like to knit and haven't done it in so long that that wasn't even an option.

I was looking around and found this site  that has a crocheted sock pattern. I changed it up a little just to see if it was going to be a doable thing as you can see it worked, it does need a little improvement but with a little practice this should work out. They will be nice to make for winter and for warmer weather I can use a lighter yarn. I can't wait to play around with this and see what I can make.

When I told Andy I was making socks he asked if we were all going to get socks for Christmas now lol ( Just for that they will all be getting homemade socks for Christmas lol ).

Have you been trying tom learn a new skill and if so what is it.

8 comments:

  1. Sure do like the socks you have crocheted. Also, would like to thank you, for all the good information you have in your blog. You have things didn't think could be done!
    Carl's wife, Gracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracie,
      Thank you, you are so kind That was one of the reasons I started this blog so I could share the few things that I know. I just hope I can help some learn things rhey hadn't thought of before.
      Thanks
      Connie

      Delete
  2. I adore your posts! I don't usually comment but the post about canning pinto beans. I have never been able to cook beans (it's pathetic) so I'm super excited to try canning them. And now this! It's like you know everything I want to learn! I've been dying to make socks but cannot knit to save my life! Can't wait to try crocheting some! Thanks for posting the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,
      Thanks,and thanks for commenting, Canning beans is so easy, once you try you will be hooked.I was so glad to find the link for the socks I can not wait to play around with them to see what all I can come up with.
      Connie

      Delete
  3. Socks is on my list of things I want to learn. I started knitting and am still doing the easier projects.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra,
      It is great that you are learning to knit, I learned when I was very young but didn't care for it would much rather crochet than knit lol.
      Connie

      Delete
  4. Connie, we learned to knit, crochet, embroider, smock, etc. when we were young, but it's been so long, I'm clueless and I never did learn to read a pattern. I'd be happy just to be able to crochet dish cloths. I have a friend who might show me. Cross fingers. brenda from ar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda,
    I also learned when I was young, then didn't do it for years so when I wanted to do it again I had to relearn and had to teach myself to read a pattern start with somthing simple and before long you will be making all kinds of things.
    Take care
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.