Friday, May 31, 2013

Make Your Own Diaper Wipes

These are so easy to make and will save a ton of money. You can use these to clean the makeup from your face or where ever you would use a wipe.



I use Viva Paper towels. One of the few times I buy name brand but they hold up when wet.

 
Cut the roll in half. If you have an electric knife it is a little easier if not just use a large sharp knife. 

 
After you cut it in half pull out the center core, sometimes you need to tear it a little to get it started.

 
 
Get  a cup and a half of water.

 
Add 1 Tablespoon of Baby oil and one Tablespoon of Baby bath. I got my baby bath from the dollar store for a dollar.


 
This is optional a couple drops of tea tree oil and about 7 to 8 drops of Lavender. I like to add these for the antiseptic quality's and they make the wipes smell good.

 
Mix all together.

 
Put you half roll in a plastic container. with a lid You can get this from wal-mart or just about any store for not to much.

 
 
Pour the water mixture over the towels and you are done.

 
 
To use pull from the center. Cover when not using. These are so handy for all sorts of things.

8 comments:

  1. cool idea. These would be great for camping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      These are great ,they have so many uses.
      Have a great day
      Connie

      Delete
  2. Hi Connie, This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Have you gotten any rain? We have had none. We are getting high winds and brown outs. We continue to pray for moisture. May you have a great weekend!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxy,
      We have had a couple sprinkles just enough to make us want more. The other day looked like it might really rain but it just went away. We have also been getting the strong winds so what little bit of moisture was in the ground had all dried up. I guess we just have to keep praying.
      Have a great day
      Connie

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea! I wish I would've found this year's ago. I'll keep it in my mind for future babies! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing on The Creative HomeAcre Hop!
    Hope to see you again tomorrow at:
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/06/the-creative-homeacre-hop-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long are they good for? I am wondering if they would get moldy or anything if no used by a certain amount of time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the longest I have had mine is maybe a month Never had any problem with them but I use them up pretty quick. I would think if you add the tea tree it would extend the life.
      Hope this helps
      Connie

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.