Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Dehydrating Frozen hashbrowns / Potatoes


Here is a super easy way to dehydrate potatoes and hash browns especially if you are strapped for time or don't have a  inexpensive source of fresh potatoes.

Use frozen hash browns   
Country style for shredded potatoes  

 
And Southern style for cubed potatoes.

 
As I said very easy
Just pour the potatoes onto your dehydrator racks.  If you have large holes in your racks you will need to use your fruit rollup sheets. Or make your own sheets to use like I do for small vegetables and fruits.  I get large sheets of screen at the hardware store for not very much, they sell it by the foot so it is easy to get just what you need. Then I cut it to fit my trays.



 
 
 
Dehydrate at 125 for about 12 hours or how ever long your dryer takes. I store in gallon size ziplock bags and in quart jars. When I put in jars I go ahead and dry pack them.



You can use the shredded for hash browns just rehydrate and fry up.
The cubed you an use in soups and stews.

2 comments:

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.