This is the string that pulled out.
This is the other side how it is
suppose to look.
I pulled out the stiching on the end.
Then found a safety pin in my box of pins that I got at an auction for one dollar (I love good finds like that).
Put the pen on the end of the string.
It's kind of hard to see but I put the pen with the string into the hole.
Then I pushed the pen and string to the end where I had ripped out the seam.
Took the pen off and put the string right on the edge and sewed the seam shut.
Just need to trim the thread off.
I would say good as new but in this case it is better then new.
I am so thankful that I can do these repairs.
It would be nice though if they would make things a little better then they do so you don't have to mend it as soon as you buy it.