Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dehydrating Celery

 
I found a real good deal on celery so like always I bought a lot so I could dehydrate some. Its easy to do.
 
First wash them.
When I use store bought produce I wash it with a little vinegar in the water.
 
 
 
Next cut off the bottoms

 
and about an inch off the top. You can save these in the freezer for when you make broth you can throw them in.

 
then just cut in 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces. I leave the leaves on and dry them with all of it.

 
Lay on your trays

 
and dehydrate at 120 for about 16 to 18 hours.

 
When you use the dried celery remember that a little goes a long ways the dried pieces are small but  as you can see in the pics they shrink up a lot.

4 comments:

  1. I need to try this. It is so handy to have dehydrated things like onions and mushrooms, now celery too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie. I love dehydrating. Cranberries were on sale here so I cut some in half to dry. Also, tried them in my first fruit leather - that turned out to be a good idea. Good to get to catch up again. - brenda from ar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. How to dehydrate celery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your site. Just got a dehydrater and did mushrooms today. Turned out great. Celery mmm, next.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message or comment. Love to hear from you.